The City’s new Virtual Arts and Recreation Centre opens opportunities to get fit, learn a new language, recipe or instrument, or discover your talents with a brush and palette – virtually, right in the comfort of your home. The winter class offerings will be online at ottawa.ca/recreation on Monday, January 11, with registration starting on Thursday, January 14 at 9 pm.
A mix of short workshops and multi-week courses will begin on Monday, January 25. There will be offerings for every age group. Programs will include:
- Language classes (French and Spanish)
- Science, technology, engineering and mathematics programs (STEM)
- Cooking classes
- Visual arts: drawing, painting, digital arts
- Fitness: Zumba©, bootcamp, yoga
- Dancing: ballet, hip hop and others
- Martial arts, Tai Chi
- Leadership programs
Virtual classes help support everyone’s COVID-19 prevention efforts. Staying active and occupied with live-streamed, interactive classes is a perfect way to promote physical and mental well-being.