Household Hazardous Waste Depots are back! The City recently announced that in 2020 there will now be three (3) extended Household Hazardous Waste Depots, with the first depot event lasting six consecutive days (Monday to Saturday). This modified approach will replace the nine (9) scheduled one-day depots previously scheduled for 2020.
The first extended Household Hazardous Waste Depot will be located at 3100 Conroy Road. The Depot will be open from Monday, June 22 to Saturday, June 27 between the hours of 8:00am to 4:00pm.
In order to avoid large crowds and manage traffic flow, the following procedures will be in place:
• Residents are to drop off their material on their normal waste collection day (i.e., if a resident’s waste collection day is on Tuesday, they should arrange to take their material to the depot on Tuesday). If residents are unable to do so, the depot is open on Saturday to all residents city-wide;
• Upon arrival, residents will be directed into a queue where they will wait their turn to park in a designated area. All vehicles will be spaced accordingly, and residents must remain in their vehicle at all times;
• The depot will accept household hazardous waste only. No electronic waste will be accepted;
• Due to operating restrictions, bins, totes, gas cans, etc. will not be emptied and returned to the resident;
• The last vehicle will be emptied at 4 p.m. If the site is experiencing long line-ups, residents may not be able to drop off their material that day.