Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all city park facilities and park equipment are now closed until further notice. Only walkthroughs are permitted – while respecting physical (social) distancing.
Sports fields and courts
- The amenities and spaces that are closed for use include:
- Public sports fields – including those located at recreationfacilities
- Ball diamonds
- Basketball and tennis courts
- These types of spaces and amenities encourage group gatherings and usage, which go against the physical (social) distancing measures being used to flatten the spread of the COVID-19 virus.Play structures and park equipment
- The closures apply to all play and park equipment, this includes:
- Play structures
- Adult fitness stations
- Benches and picnic tables
- Skateboard parks
- Off-leash dog enclosures
- Park and play equipment also encourage multiple users. More importantly, the surfaces are not being cleaned and could potentially spread the COVID-19 virus.
Walkthroughs permitted – maintain physical (social) distancing
While the parks are closed, you are able to walk through them. Safe park practices that are permitted includes running, walking or jogging through the park, while keeping a two-metre distance from others – which is equal to the length of a hockey stick. You can also walk your dog through the park where this is allowed, while respecting the established leashing requirements for the site.