Ottawa’s pathways have amazing scenery to discover and are a great way to get in and around our city. The City’s Pathway Patrol program was established in 1997 and has helped make Ottawa’s pathways safer for over 20 years. This year, Safer Roads Ottawa is looking for volunteers who love our city and want to become ambassadors of our pathways by joining the growing Pathway Patrol team. Our season runs from May to October each year. Whether you walk, run, roll or cycle, we want you to join our team!
Do you ENJOY?
- Meeting new people who love being active outdoors as much as you do
- Working as part of a team and learning new skills
- Exploring new parts of this great city
- Interacting with residents to help improve their experience of using the pathways (i.e. providing helpful tips, directions, first aid and basic bicycle repairs)
- Being a positive role model for pathway etiquette and cycling safety
If you answered YES, then consider becoming part of our Pathway Patrol Team!
Requirements include a recent Police Records Check, First Aid Training (provided) and an average commitment of 6 hours per month. You can fill out a volunteer application here.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-580-2424 ext 28064 if you have any questions.
We can’t wait to see you on the path!