The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes for Remembrance Day. As Remembrance Day falls on a Sunday, the City of Ottawa will observe Monday, November 12 as a holiday.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven client service centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, November 13.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, including the courts located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, November 13.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 (TTY: 613-580-2401) to speak to a client service representative.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no scheduled changes for green bin, recycling or garbage collection.
- Multi-residential and curbside garbage containers will be collected on Monday, November 12.
- The Trail Road waste facility will be open on Monday, November 12 and will follow regular business hours.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply.
- OC Transpo (link is external) will operate on a Sunday schedule. A family or group can travel all day for the cost of one DayPass with the Family DayPass, which can be purchased for $10.50 from the bus operator when boarding, or from a ticket machine at an O-Train Line 2 station. A family or group can include up to six people, with a maximum of two people aged 13 or older.
- War veterans who wear their medals and/or uniforms can ride free on OC Transpo, Para Transpo and STO (Société de transport de l’Outaouais) services during National Veterans’ Week, from November 5 to 11. Companions accompanying veterans during National Veterans’ Week also ride free of charge. At O-Train Line 2 stations with fare gates, veterans and their companions can use the video-chat function at ticket machines to get through the fare gates.
- OC Transpo and Para Transpo buses will pull to the side of the road at 11 am to observe two minutes of silence.
- Timetables are available at octranspo.com (link is external) and octranspo.mobi (link is external). Call 613-560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for real-time schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, call 613-741-4390 or visit octranspo.com (link is external).
- The Rideau Centre OC Transpo Customer Service Centre (link is external) will be open from 12:30 pm to 6 pm. Customer service centres at Lincoln Fields Shopping Centre, Place d’Orléans and St. Laurent Shopping Centre will be closed.
- The Transit Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 9 am to 5 pm.
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service. Regularly scheduled trips will be automatically cancelled. Customers may book trips for Remembrance Day starting Sunday, November 4 by calling 613-244-7272.
- STO users can plan their trip using Plani-bus (link is external).
- Para Transpo operations:
- The taxi coupon booking line (613-842-3670) will be closed.
- The reservations line (613-244-7272) will be open from 7 am to 5 pm.
- The trip cancellation line (613-244-4636) will be open from Monday November 12 at 6 am to Tuesday, November 13 at 12:30 pm.
- Indoor pools and fitness centres will be open for public swimming, fitness and public skating, with modified schedules. Please check ottawa.ca for schedules.
- Most registered programs at community centres and arenas will be cancelled. Clients should check with their facility to confirm, as some exceptions will apply.
Ottawa Public Health
- The Sexual Health Clinic (link is external) and satellite clinics will be closed on Monday, November 12.
- The Site program (link is external) office at 179 Clarence Street, including supervised consumption services, will be open as usual from 9 am to 9 pm. The site mobile van will operate on a regular schedule, from 5 pm to 11:30 pm.
- The Dental Clinics (link is external) and Parenting in Ottawa Drop-ins (link is external) will be closed.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre (link is external) will be closed. Staff will respond to phone messages and inquiries within one business day. Find the latest health information at OttawaPublicHealth.ca (link is external).
- The Karsh-Masson Gallery, City Hall Art Gallery and Barbara Ann Scott Gallery at City Hall will be open.
- All other City of Ottawa arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed.
- The City of Ottawa Archives Reference Services and Gallery 112 will be closed.
Municipal child care services
- All Municipal child care centres will be closed.
- All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library (link is external) will be closed.
- In recognition of the significance of Remembrance Day and in accordance with the City of Ottawa’s Remembrance Day By-law 2008-355 PDF opens in a new tab or window, most retail businesses are required to close until 12:30 pm on November 11.