Just in time for spring, the City of Ottawa is pleased to announce that GLAD Canada will sponsor the City’s popular spring and fall cleanup program. GLAD Cleaning the Capital is a citywide program that brings together neighbours, communities and friends to clean Ottawa parks, streets and waterways. In 2016, 72,000 volunteers collected more than 58,182 kilograms of litter from 1,300 projects. The spring edition of GLAD Cleaning the Capital takes place between April15 and May 15, with early bird registration beginning Wednesday, March 15.
Spring 2017 dates
- March 15: Early bird registration begins. Register your litter pickup or graffiti removal project by April 14 to be eligible to win an early bird prize donated by our generous sponsors.
- April 15 – May 15: Spring Cleaning the Capital campaign
- April 28 – April 30: Capital Cleanup Weekend
- If your project takes place during Capital Cleanup Weekend, a campaign sponsor and/or your city Councillor may visit your team during your registered cleanup!
- May 15: Registration ends
- May 31: Deadline to submit your online cleanup report. After you have finished your cleanup project, please submit your online cleanup report. Submit it by May 31 and your team will be entered in a draw to win prizes donated by our sponsors. You will need your registration code to access your cleanup report.
To learn more about Cleaning the Capital click here.